|Welcome to Swift Heart's Rabbit Hole.
We do have some rules to follow. Most are pretty standard across the Internet:
1. Please be nice. No attacking or flaming another member. This also goes for other message forums and websites. This should be common sense.
2. Please show respect to the forum's staff (Administrators & Moderators). We are just doing our job. If you break the rules, there will be consequences. It's nothing personal. Likewise, please do not tell the staff how to do their jobs. Believe it or not, we've been doing this for years. We know what we're doing. Demanding, begging, and screaming at us will not change the situation and will only result in all parties being irritated. Finally, if you're not a Moderator or Administrator here please do not act like you are. Please let those in charge of running the forum run the forum..
3. Do not feed the trolls. In the event someone is attacking you on the forum please alert an Administrator or a Moderator to deal with the situation. Defending yourself is okay, but do not attempt to jump into a flame war. There is a fine line between defending yourself and adding fuel to the fire. Even if you aren't the instigator you could still end up being disciplined for breaking the forum's rules if you pour gas onto an existing flame war. The more posts there are, the more work it is for the SHRH staff to clean up. If you are not on the staff here, please do not try to intervene.
4. If you have an issue with a board member, please contact that member directly. Do not do it through the public forum or through your blog. If you do not want to contact the member, contact either a Moderator or an Administrator for assistance. Any post made in the public forum or in a blog will be closed and the necessary action will be taken.
5. No swearing. Considering the subject matter, it should be readily apparent that this is a family board and children are present. We do have a swearing filter in place, but there are always people who figure out ways around that. This also goes for using "@^&#*" or "*****" instead of swear words. Using the word "bleep" to replace a swear word is also not allowed.
6. Since this is a board frequented by children topics should be kept to a PG or lower rating. Anything deemed to be an adult-oriented topic will be removed. Some subjects have no place on a forum devoted to Care Bears. These subjects include (but are not limited to): illegal activities, drug use, pornography, depression, suicide, anything of an adult nature, etc. Use some common sense when posting here- we're not a self-help forum. We're a forum dedicated to collectors and fans of Care Bears. We're not real Care Bears- we can't help you.
7. Adding to the above, it is never appropriate to add unrelated thoughts or comments to the ends of other posts. There have been a few incidents lately where people have posted something and then halfway through their post gone off on a completely unrelated (and completely inappropriate) tangent. Those posts will be edited going forward and warnings (strikes, up to, and including the post moderation queue) will be issued
8. You must be over 13 to register for this board. If we find anyone under 13 has registered for the board, your account will be suspended until you turn 13 unless you have parental permission to be here.
9. Please limit yourself to only one screen name. Additional screen names will be deleted and the appropriate actions will be taken. If a second screen name is acquired to circumvent the post moderation queue you will be banned from participating here entirely. No exceptions.
10. Trolling will result in either being placed in the the post moderation queue or banning depending on the circumstances.
Failure to follow the rules will result in disciplinary action:
a. You get a strike against you from one of the Administrators or Moderators.
b. Strikes are on a rolling calendar. This means if you get a strike in August '07, another in January '08, and a third in December '08, you're still at two strikes because your August '07 strike has rolled off.
c. If you reach three strikes within a rolling one year time period, your posts will have to be approved by a moderator before they will be viewable to everyone else on the board.
d. The post moderation queue will last as long as the Administrator/Moderator team feels is necessary, but no less than 6 months for a first offense (and no less than one year for subsequent offenses).
e. Major offenses will result in banning.
The Swift Heart's Rabbit Hole Team
Administrators: Swift Heart Rabbit & thetotsbox
Moderators: Peppermint Fizz, ProudHeartCat, & TakeCareBear